Friday, September 20, 2013

Botanical Study-SHSU (First Sketch Assignment)

The heavy rains today did not dampen my meeting with Scott and Josh. In fact our visit went exceptionally well.  I really appreciate their shared enthusiasm for my ideas.  We were able to strategize and discuss in more detail what should be my next steps.

I have my first tree to sketch.  It is the Red Cedar Tree that lives right in the middle of the Evans Complex building. 



 I had heard the story that the building was built around the tree, but did not know why this was such an important tree, it was our original tree in the oldest University tradition, the "Tree of Light" ceremony.

I hope to begin my sketching sometime this week.  If you see me outside working, be sure to say hello.

Until Next Time.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment